These are crazy times filled with uncertainty. COVID-19 (coronavirus) is not a hoax as some idiots in the media would have you believe. It has severely impacted tens of thousands of lives already and left many people around the globe home-bound in an attempt to limit the threat of the virus.
While Social distancing is one of many necessary precautions to take, being kept at home (being isolated) is never easy unless you’re an only child like me and can find things to keep yourself busy and productive.
Here are a few ideas from your good ol’ Fuzzy Poet, Professor Meow Meow and The Angry Bee to help you through this health crisis:
• Are you the creative type? Spend some time making art. Up your skill-set and browse tutorials to try out some new techniques. Make a zine. Document your time in quarantine.
• Get inspired by stories, poetry, and more! Watch your favorite series on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or Disney.
• Visit a virtual art gallery. Many museums have VR experiences to offer all the best exhibits right from your computer chair!
• If you are faced with the challenge of running a business, now may be a great time to re-think your marketing strategies. Start by creating a promo video- reach out to your base. Connect. Share.
• If you’re in need of ideas on what to create, you can also try an idea generator!
• Reach out to your friends, family and colleagues. Let them know you are thinking of them. Leave a comment on a friend’s profile; call or text someone to let them know you were thinking of them.
It’s so important for all of us to band together and celebrate our shared passions, and get in tune with what makes us all similar rather than different.
Follow your local government’s health and safety guidelines. If you are unable to work due to the quarantine, demands of social distancing, etc. check your local government’s unemployment assistance program and call your HR dept. for any updates on time away.
VERY IMPORTANT: Take the time to thank those working overtime in the health sector (think Dr.’s and especially Nurses) as well as those cooking those delicious meals you’ve been ordering through GrubHub!
Even you or I can be a source of strength and inspiration for others. Supporting others, especially those less fortunate than you or I is especially important. Even the simple act of asking how someone’s day is going can make all the difference.
Stay safe and keep in touch. Definitely read Motivational Housecat! Have fun! Respect “the bubble”, wash your hands, and be prepared.
PS: Don’t be the dickhead who hoards all the toilet paper and tries to flip it on Amazon for a 600% profit. That’s a punchable offense and we have enough Martin Shkreli’s in the world already.
Drew, Professor Meow Meow and The Angry Bee
Facebook Official: http://www.facebook.com/MotivationalHousecat/
Official website: http://www.fuzzypoet.com
©2020 Drew Gold Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.